Saturday, October 27, 2012

Wishing I Was Buildning a Haunted Gingerbread House Instead



Woke up to bacon cooking in a cast-iron skillet, wind whipping over the tin-roof, a fresh-mown tract of land, fallen leaves, a bright blue sky and chilly morning air. This place is stunning  today.  How I WISH I didn’t have an LSU to-DO list as long as my leg. Today is the EXACT type of day I would like to be doing a million things OTHER than reading, researching, or writing yet another play-for-a-grade…

I really am struggling this morning with what to include in this blog-post.
I don’t care about theatre today, or higher education or articles, reading assignments, theory, 17th and 18th century catch-up work, contrived one-acts or anything of the sort. I care about them in general, I care a great deal. Tomorrow I will care, but not today.

I would rather go buy some pumpkins and carve them, or find some recipes for fun Halloween chow and whip them up, or go buy preggo-lady clothes, or get a cheap manicure, or drag my canoe to the water and paddle around a bit or find a book store and sit outside with a NON-work related book and sip  iced chai.

I want to think about ANYTHING other than education.
Ugh. Arrrgh. Ok. Ok…

Um, WORK. Ok, I have loads to do.
Going to start with my reading for Monday.
Next I will try to get closer to finishing my 17th/18th century play.
Then I will complete one of the two hours I’m supposed to spend on my 17th/18th century “final” document.

Meanwhile, outside, the most gorgeous day I’ve seen all year is passing me blithely by…

No comments:

Post a Comment